1. Every year we generate around 14 million tons of food waste which is 106 pounds of food waste per person. All of this waste goes into landfills creating pollution.
2. Americans throw away about 28 billion bottles and jars every year.
3. Americans make more than 200 million tons of garbage each year, enough to fill a stadium from top to bottom twice a day!
4. Disposable diapers last hundreds of years in landfills. An average baby will go through 8,000 of them, which means there will be billions of diapers polluting the earth.
5. Each year American throw away 25,000,000,000 Styrofoam cups. Even 500 years from now, the foam cup you used this morning will be sitting in a landfill.
6. In a recent survey, it was found that 70% of our trash is recyclable but only 35% is actually recycled.
7. Recycling a glass bottle gives enough power to play computer games for 30 minutes.